How to Make a pg_filedump
aaronenabs
2011-03-25 13:43:50 UTC
Hi All

I am trying to write a pg_filedump to read dead rows in pgsql, I am
relatively new to postgresql and have been trying to find out how to write
and compile a pg_filedump to help display dead rows. Please can anyone help
me

i) Explain how i can write a pg_filedump to display dead rows or how to
write pg_filedump
ii) Explain how to compile a pg_filedump

Thanks

aaronenabs

Alvaro Herrera
2011-03-25 16:26:14 UTC
Post by aaronenabs
Hi All
I am trying to write a pg_filedump to read dead rows in pgsql, I am
relatively new to postgresql and have been trying to find out how to write
and compile a pg_filedump to help display dead rows. Please can anyone help
me
i) Explain how i can write a pg_filedump to display dead rows or how to
write pg_filedump
ii) Explain how to compile a pg_filedump
Are you aware that pg_filedump already exists? The source code lives at
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgfiledump (for 9.0) and
http://sources.redhat.com/rhdb (for older releases)

Moreover, pg_filedump will display all rows, dead or otherwise.
--
Álvaro Herrera <***@commandprompt.com>